Thursday, July 1, 2010

Blog Neglect

I have come to a decision: I'm a horrible blogger. It's okay, I've come to terms with it. I just can't make myself post on a regular basis. And I'm envious of my friends out there who put out the effort and write--sometimes daily--some really great posts!

I've hit the downhill slope of my WIP. I'm looking at 8 chapters. A mere 24 thousand words and I'm done! This is my favorite part of any WIP because the story just seems to fly! The loose ends all come together, and best of all, this is when my heroine gets to really kick some ass! I think I do some good writing in action scenes. I can crank out three or four thousand words and not even realize I've been sitting at my computer for a few hours.

Of course, I'll still be posting here and over at Writing Out the Angst. But as I sit here, antsy to get back to the WIP I can't help but think, Does it get better than this? Sitting at my laptop with a cup of coffee, letting my imagination run free on the page. I think not.

What's your favorite part of a WIP to write? The foundation? The rising tension that builds to the middle? Or the climactic ending?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish I knew which was my favorite part to write. I love the world/character building that happens in the first part, that feeling like I'm unearthing something I didn't know before. But then there's the rush to get to the end, which is just as fun a ride.

Stephanie McGee said...

For me, it's all about the start. I love setting off to explore a new story. When I can see the end in sight, everything starts to slog for me. Maybe it's because I don't want the adventure to end. I don't know. But beginning a new story is definitely my favorite part.

Shawntelle Madison said...

*lights a lighter and waves it* Even if you hate how much you blog I still think you're awesome Amanda. :)

Nope nothing is better than the final downward run to the finish line!

Go Amanda!

Windy said...

Ohhh, I'm all about the angst. The gut-wrenching tension, that's totally my favorite. But you already knew that.

Kristy @Loveandblasphemy said...

Last night my husband and son were camping, and I was able to sit with the laptop and just WRITE. It was wonderful. So great when it just flows, and you can pause everything and just give attention to that.

Susan R. Mills said...

Definitely the rising tension in the middle. I love writing it. Well, I love writing all the parts, but I think the middle is my favorite. It's like putting a puzzle together to get to the ending. Anyway, I've been a horrible blogger too. I'd much rather spend my time writing, so I completely understand. Best of luck finishing your WIP!